Last Updated: February 7, 2022
Enphase Energy, Inc. is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains how we use any personal information that you provide to us through our 365Pronto websites and business operations, including 365pronto.com and platform.365pronto.com.
Collecting and processing your personal information
- We need to perform a contract with you, such as when you create an account or place an order with us
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
What categories of personal information we collect
We collect the following categories of personal information that you choose to provide us:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Device Location Information
- IP Address or other unique web identifier
- Payment information (to a third-party payment processor as described below)
- Corporate information including Federal Tax ID (entity-based)
- System information including number and type of solar system components
- Driver’s License Number (service technician only)
- Other information that you, our customers, and our providers provide to us
We may also collect personal information that you give us during your communication with us, by account application, email, live chat, by phone, or otherwise. In addition to the above, we may need to use your personal information for audits and compliance with our legal obligations under applicable law. For your rights regarding your personal information, please see “What are your rights as the owner of the personal information” section below.
Why we collect personal information
We use your data for:
- To operate, maintain, and improve our websites and business
- To satisfy requests of us, including fulfillment of a service request and to answer any questions
- To notify you of new products or services, or changes to our products or services (only where you have designated an intent to subscribe to marketing communications and not subsequently opted out within the past 12 months)
- To provide customer support
- To gather analytical data to improve our websites and our product and service offerings
- To communicate with you
- To perform R&D
How we collect your personal data
We collect data in two ways:
- Data that you provide to us
- Data that we collect through third-party tools
We collect your data during your communication with us regarding our services, such as your communication with us by account application, email, live chat, by phone, or otherwise. That’s the data that you provide to us.
The third-party tools we use on our website will only insert cookies and other tracking technologies if you agree. We track your consent using our privacy tool available in the footer of our website. You can manage your permissions by clicking our Trust Badge in the footer of our websites.
With whom we share the collected personal information
We engage third party companies and individuals (‘Service Providers’) to operate our business, including marketing, financials, customer and provider enrollment and support, to provide customer service, to operate our website, to perform R&D, and other business purposes.
These service providers have access to your personal information only to perform the tasks which we perform and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We also share information as necessary to carry out a request in using our service. This may include sharing customer, provider, and end-customer information with appropriate parties in order to carry out a request.
Notice for Residents of California
Activity during last 12 months:
|Categories of PI||PI we collected||PI source||Purpose for PI collection||Categories of third parties to whom we “disclose” the PI for a business purpose||Categories of third parties to whom we “sell” the PI|
|Identifiers of customers, providers, site owners or occupants||– personal contact information – other information you provide via phone, email, website form||– from you and from customers||– to operate our business, including marketing, financials, customer and provider enrollment and support, to provide customer service, to operate our website, to perform R&D, and other business purposes – for research & development – to send you marketing and promotional communications – to comply with the law – for protection of rights, fraud prevention, and safety||– affiliates – service providers – to others to whom you have authorized or directed us to share your PI – professional advisors – governmental authorities||– none|
|Commercial Information||– site information, including system information||– you||– to operate our business, including marketing, financials, customer and provider enrollment and support, to provide customer service, to operate our website, to perform R&D, and other business purposes – for research & development – to send you marketing and promotional communications – to comply with the law – for protection of rights, fraud prevention, and safety||– affiliates – service providers – to others to whom you have authorized or directed us to share your PI – professional advisors – governmental authorities||– none|
|Online identifiers and information||– website browsing behavior – device data||– you||– to operate our business – for research & development – to display advertisements – to comply with the law – for protection of rights, fraud prevention, and safety||– affiliates – service providers – professional advisors – governmental authorities||– none|
|Payment information||– not stored or provided to us, directly collected by payment processors||– you||– to fulfill your order – to comply with the law – for protection of rights, fraud prevention, and safety||– service providers (Stripe)||– none|
California (CCPA) rights:
- Information. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months:
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
- Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Whether we’ve sold your Personal Information, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
- Opt-in. If we know that you are younger than 16 years old, we will ask for your permission (or if you are younger than 13 years old, your parent’s or guardian’s permission) to sell your Personal Information before we do so.
- Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination in the form of legally prohibited increases in the price or decreases in the quality of our Service.
- Opt-out of sales. If we “sell” your Personal Information, you can opt-out. In addition, if you direct us not to sell your Personal Information, we will consider it a request pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light” law to stop sharing your personal information covered by that law with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Notice for residents of European Economic Area:
Our representative in Europe is: Enphase Energy NL B.V.
Legal bases for processing:
|Processing Details regarding each processing listed below are provided above||Legal Basis|
|– to operate our business, including marketing, financials, customer and provider enrollment and support, to provide customer service, to operate our website, to perform R&D, and other business purposes||– to carry out our contract with you (where you have made a request of us, participated in our service, or otherwise engaged with us to form contractual obligations on our part) – legitimate interest in providing and improving our products and services – with your consent, where applicable|
|– to comply with law||– Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.|
|– with your consent||– Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it at any time in the manner indicated when you consent or in the Service.|
Sensitive personal information. We ask that you not provide us with any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Service, or otherwise.
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish or defend legal claims, or for fraud prevention purposes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
When we no longer require the personal information we have collected about you, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. If we anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you), we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
European Economic Area (GDPR) rights:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
Cross-Border Data Transfer:
If we transfer your personal information out of Europe to a country not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal information protection, the transfer will be performed:
- Pursuant to the recipient’s compliance with standard contractual clauses and/or Binding Corporate Rules
- Pursuant to the consent of the individual to whom the personal information pertains
- As otherwise permitted by applicable European requirements.
You may contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information out of Europe.
How can you exercise your rights as the owner of personal information
You may submit your requests to exercise your rights by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1-877-797-4743; option 6
- Address: Enphase Energy, Inc. Attn: Legal – Privacy 47281 Bayside Pkwy. Fremont, CA 94538 USA
- Website: by clicking on the trust badge in the footer of our website
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Do not track signals
We do not track your online behavior over time and across different internet websites or online services. However, some of the third-party services we use may do so. If you want to prevent them from tracking you, you can do so right from your browser.
Security of your personal information
We take appropriate technical measures for keeping your personal information confidential and protected against accidental or unlawful destruction or loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. We use technical safeguards measures including
The security of your personal information also depends on your protection of your user account. Please use a unique and strong password, and keep your login credentials secret. Also, be sure to log out after having used our services from a shared computer.
Links to third-party Websites
Protecting your child’s privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (‘Children’). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Data protection officer
We appoint the Data Protection Officer on the basis of professional qualities and, in particular, expert knowledge of data protection law and practices. The Data Protection Officer is tasked with ensuring that we always comply with our responsibilities under applicable data protection legislation. Contact details of the Data Protection Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about our Privacy Practices or this Policy, please contact us at